Monday, November 16, 2009

Domino Admin training review

A while back I asked for recommendations on classroom based training. I did my homework and decided on Workgroup Connections. I went to their Orlando FL office.

The Location was easy to get to, right in downtown Orlando. We were on the 11th floor of the Fifth Third Bank Building. Not sure what I think about that name...

The classroom is setup for 8 people, we had 7. So it was comfortable. They provided snacks and beverages throughout the day.

The class was D8L89 IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 System Administration Bootcamp. The content was good, and the pace was on target to what I had expected.

The instructor was Michael Farquhar. He did a great job. The main reason he was so good, in my opinion, is that when he is not teaching, he is a consultant doing the actual tasks he teaches. I have taken classes in the past where you know the instructor has just studied the course-ware and then gets certified to teach it. Try asking the tough questions in that situation. "Well John that is a good question. I will check with my colleagues and get back to you. Blah blah blah..." Yea right. Michael answered all my tough questions to my satisfaction. The set this training center above all others I have attended.

I would highly recommend taking classes at this center, and especially with Michael.

Next I will experience training with him on xpages development. I will let you know how good he is on that next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment